What is POLYCRETE®?
The Stendal factory of meyer-POLYCRETE GmbH produces "Polycrete®" components made of polymer concrete with a UP resin matrix for pipe and manhole systems to be used in open-cut or trenchless installation.
Polycrete® is a compound material made from two components: reactive resin as a binder and aggregates.
The material properties depend on the type and quantity of binder and mineral aggregates as well as on grain size and distribution.
Polymer concrete properties:
- withstands high mechanical compressive and bending stress
- excellent resistance to chemical attack by aggressive media such as hydrogen sulphide (pH range from 1 to 12)
- smooth surface without pores prevents settling of solids
- The material structure is free of capillaries, absorbs no water and does not allow gas diffusion
- covered by standards and approved by the construction authority